Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Jobs and phones

Every day I'm more and more tempted to put myself back on the job market, just to see. SOE's hiring for their platform group, for instance, which sounds interesting if they can come even close to matching my current salary.

I upgraded my cel phone to the Pantech Matrix (successor to the Duo). It's got a few nasty habits. Applications that aren't from AT&T, for instance, can't be granted some permissions like "always allow network access". It gets annoying having to approve each and every network access for Google's GMail application. AT&T's position is that this is to protect me. Um, no it's not, it's to make it annoying for me to patronize anybody else. Time to track down some software that'll fix this. And if AT&T doesn't like it, well, tough.

No comments: